[project] i-spider, a stacker mod.

_ferry_

Thanks

Well having a real job by modding cases would be difficult i guess. See what hardware cost. And the time you will spend on it. I think it would be difficult to start a shop with modded cases or something. I could only dream of it ;)

But i'm glad there are brands like coolermaster witch giving me support on building casemods like this. Because it's helpfull for both of us, and they understand.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I received the stuff from coolermaster today, it could have been here friday, but i missed the mail guy.

Offcourse i want to thank coolermaster for the great support and hardware :lol:

Some day ago i've made 2 strips witch will be mounted between the 2 cases. It took me about a day to cut it and sand it down perfect straight.

full.jpg

some CCFL's without the plexi tube around it. i've only broken 1 of 5, and i need 4 of them, so that's no problem.

full.jpg

full.jpg

The perfectly follow the dimensions of the case.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

[insert own comment]

The 2'nd case will be cutted down to 4-5 bay's in height. And it will be equipped with my watercooling stuff (2 waterloops), the fanbus, lcd, and other electronics.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

It's just so beautiful.

couldn't have said it better myself

it is FREAKING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:):(:oops::cry: if only my computer could be that cool and his isnt even finished

warning:

The following pictures could cause permanent illness or damage for people who ae scared of modding there stacker 8)

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

the PSU cage will be removed, i needed it to keep the frame strong enough while cutting and welding.

Nice detail is the bezel between the 2 cases to make it look like 1 case. It took some time to find out the exact dimension i would need to cut of the case, i had to remove 28,5cm of the case, and as you can see i was right.

Next to do is fixing it permanent on the lower case, cut the sidepanels and aluminium profiles. And mounting the plexiglass strips between the cases.

Archived