**Voting is now opened** 2009 Modding Contest

Guest yAu

Should the CM Modding Contest 09 submission deadline be extended from 09/20/09 to 09/30/09?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should the CM Modding Contest 09 submission deadline be extended from 09/20/09 to 09/30/09?

• Yes
    • No

In my opnion, a deadline extension is always a fresh breeze in a h e l l of delays. In the DIY world, the Murphy's law is always flying over your head. We know that something that looks ridiculously simple can turn in a nightmare in minutes and then, goodbye schedule!!

My current status is: 'absolutely dead' for this year, but a 10-day extension could bring me to the contest, specially because I finished a big project (in my job) yesterday, and I will have some free time for the next two months! aleluia!!

Let's see the poll.

Anyway, big congrats for all contestants!! really great projects this year!

My vote is: Yes!! more time (and health) for the modders!!!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it seems everybody got what they wanted… so less talking and more modding or should I get the baseball bat out and start cracking some heads … because this will be the last chance they have this time so it seems :shock: all the ones who are talk and complaining about needing more time.... really should be modding rather then talking on here... we can all see all your updates once you have it submit the case that is more important thing right now i would think it would be better ? gives you more time well spent on case modding ... you spend 20mins on here when you could be modding correct me if i'm wrong...........

Also this is a good rule to bring in whoever not already summated the case into the contest will be banned for 10 days for the duration … that will give them a good push to get all the mods done and once they have summated their case to cooler master they will be allowed back into the forum lol I know I’m mean but still its all good just giving everybody that push so it seems they need

Well, nicky, you and I really shot the breeze A LOT. I got to know you, your family, your business, your present home town and we batted around a lot how the recession is hitting us and our projects. I put a lot of weight on these bits of info cuz a lot modders are anti-social geeks! Like hermits working in their caves brewing up fancy computer cases. Modding for me a is still a hobby and something to do within a certain budget. I now know that competitions bring out the best and the worst of us, but for the sake of the hobby, I hope it is the former.

I personally thank you for being open and thus I consider as friendly and as a friend, I UNDERSTAND rough patches and listen in sympathy and give you my personal opinion, not the canned BS we are obligated to say in most forums. For me, participating is not "cut-throat competition" but a chance to meet great modders and learn. The only way to do so is poking ones head in other threads and being "yourself". Is there any other way? This to me is the "fun" part of participating.

This like I mentioned is a learning process (it is our first time) and from here, a lot has been learned, including planning. The next time will be much better for all us first-timers, even meeting the pre-stated deadlines.

I know the last contest had an extension (it is general knowledge) and thus the comment from a previous winner, Mr. Kholl and that was no small feat he did back then. Veteran competitors know what to do from experience but if the contest were restricted to "veterans" who know the process down pat, a lot of us would not be here!

I do thank the consideration from yAu and the staff about their concerns on the projects and especially, letting this be a fun, flexible, informal and informative forum (pictures from our hometowns and pets???). Controversies, well they are everywhere, not just here and some are ok and others are not but that is "normal". Conflicts and jealousies have been minimal if non-existent. As a matter of fact, most have been outright friendly and helpful (even the "vets"). In conclusion, with an adjustment (rather minor) in the categories, if there were to be another CM Modding contest, count me in and I will encourage others to do so!

Oh, and if the original close (20th) date were to be enforced, I resolved my last pitfall so I can make it, if need be, but the extension, if given, is still welcome.

Cheers and Saludos

thanks i've also came up with this ideas

Also this is a good rule to bring in whoever not already summated the case into the contest will be banned for 10 days for the duration … that will give them a good push to get all the mods done and once they have summated their case to cooler master they will be allowed back into the forum lol I know I’m mean but still its all good just giving everybody that push so it seems they need

Nice comments PaPagant, nice comments! :wink:

Hey Nick, you got 1 point (as well the other completed mods) in my voting criteria. You finished before the deadline, it needs to be in count, **EDITED** in my VERY PERSONAL opnion.

thanks for letting me know :D you know what its like when PaPagant, talking i'm not trying to talk with him much because i want him tobe done .. lol or we will be talking forever like to old ladys

Archived