**Voting is now opened** 2009 Modding Contest

Guest yAu

Should the CM Modding Contest 09 submission deadline be extended from 09/20/09 to 09/30/09?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should the CM Modding Contest 09 submission deadline be extended from 09/20/09 to 09/30/09?

• Yes
    • No

Hi,

It's not a rare practice to extend deadline for modding contests since this kind of contests span over a long period of time and it's very hard to estimate the exact amount of time needed. After our staff evaluated all the worklogs and taking into consideration different conditions of different participants, it seems appropriate for us to extend it for another 10 days.

But we value everyone's opinion, which is why we are conducting a voting poll. Let's decide through the voting.

As for incomplete entries, some participants may not have the luxury to complete an entire mod by the given time. We do not want to take away their chances of at least being able to participate. That being said, we really believe with this extension (if passed), all participants will strike for completion.

We sincerely do not wish anyone to pull out of the contest at this point after putting in a great effort, let's all have a good competition.

:cheers:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

It's not a rare practice to extend deadline for modding contests since this kind of contests span over a long period of time and it's very hard to estimate the exact amount of time needed. After our staff evaluated all the worklogs and taking into consideration different conditions of different participants, it seems appropriate for us to extend it for another 10 days.

But we value everyone's opinion, which is why we are conducting a voting poll. Let's decide through the voting.

As for incomplete entries, some participants may not have the luxury to complete an entire mod by the given time. We do not want to take away their chances of at least being able to participate. That being said, we really believe with this extension (if passed), all participants will strike for completion.

We sincerely do not wish anyone to pull out of the contest at this point after putting in a great effort, let's all have a good competition.

:cheers:

AGREED! :bounce::bounce:

Why In the first place have a deadline on the 20th when normally all contest run till the 30th or 31th So next year contest must be running to the end of the month because someone will get pissed because we get told one thing then another thing changes and everybody running around because of parts and stuff

I hope so too. Marking a project "Incomplete" doesn't mean that it could NEVER win this kind of competition. I wouldn't want to be the person to try to defend a contest that allowed an unfinished project to win. That would be a tough sell huh? LOL

Peace

Not wanting it to sound like an excuse, it would help so I can try and fix one of my key mods to my project. That is what I get for trying something new, like soldering on a pcb board. I just found out that the polarity in a capacitor is not the usual + or - signs, sheeshh! Ceramic vs. Electrolytic, OMG!!! Yes, and it is a kit, a bad one but the ONLY one I could find in Mexico.

WIP worklogs make for a fun read but I hate to be an example of the only "unlucky" modder in the contest. Disorderly logs only come from WIP. Want a neat one? It was probably finished a while ago and it DOES reflect cool, orderly and masterfully carried out steps. For anyone that knows: "too good to be true" is what comes to mind.

Anyways, I agree and my 2 cents as usual. Got to go celebrate Mexican Independence Day!

Cheers and Saludos

I found something intersting. This is from the original Cooler Master news release back in July...

"Cooler Master's Global Modding Contest 2009 is now officially opened. The contest begins on July 1st, 2009 through September 30th, 2009 (last day to register is September 20th, 2009), then voting shall begin! The winners will be announced on Oct 15th, 2009."

Source

You could just say you misinterpreted it (maybe you did) and be done with it.

I am sorry, but I voted NO!

Like many others, I am working hard to finish my project until Sep 20.

I'm still racing against time to finish my project until Sep 20.

Despite having retired several ideas, I still have much to do and still not like to see the deadline be extended.

If necessary I'm capable to leave more ideas out of the project to not blow the deadline. This difficulty is part of the competition!

Why extend the deadline if all participants had the same period to carry out their projects?

I think it is unfair to those who followed their schedules and left several ideas to meet the deadline stipulated by the rules.

As everybody knows, the deadline to finish is part of any project schedule.

Accidents, delays, health problems and other obstacles are rocks in the way of any competitor and we must know how to deal with them.

Archived