**Voting is now opened** 2009 Modding Contest

Guest yAu

Should the CM Modding Contest 09 submission deadline be extended from 09/20/09 to 09/30/09?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should the CM Modding Contest 09 submission deadline be extended from 09/20/09 to 09/30/09?

• Yes
    • No

Depends, it may sound silly but I, as the most senior member of the "CM Senior Citizens Mod Club" (credit that to sunnyextremist) have my doubts. That would mean that I would have to get a haircut, cut my nails, work off several kilos of overweight, even my tan, buy new clothes and shades, shave, on so on (who wants to look like a bum in this important forum). In some countries, showing up in some public photograph almost makes you a target for kidnapping and ransom also. Public security? Some of the biggest kidnapping rings are run by police and other public officials! That is one reason for not appearing in solo photos specifically naming me (well, unless you are a politician with bodyguards, which I am not and do not have). Sorry, but conditions differ from country to country and such are the headaches of anything global. Some will beg to differ and so the challenges of making everyone happy. That is also the reason most of us use nicks, don't state personal specifics too clearly and don't post our social security numbers. Partial photos maybe?

Open to suggestions.

P.D: In a contest from our forum, we could not get anyone to agree to take a pic with the prize for posting. I understood why and we did not insist on it.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We certainly understand.

Partial photos are acceptable, the most important thing is to have the mod case and the paper/note with the required texts (not photoshop text, must be a physical paper/note). This will prove you have possession of the mod case. :D

Feel free to let us know if you have any question or suggestion.

Thanks yAu, you are the man! Also for your consideration and your understanding of the times. If you had asked me just 3 years ago, I would've said YES! Things over here really went down hill very quickly and most of us would rather shy away from calling attention to ourselves because thugs are pretty dumb and ruthless. I still have several weeks to get in shape tho, just in case plus a little prayer and a lot of luck.

Sincerely,

I am getting close, got the final sanding done on the base coat, and will be applying the top coat tomorrow. Need to start my worklog soon, just been so busy with work and then modding, hopefully by the end of the week I will have most of the modding done, well at least the dirty parts of the modding and can get the thread started!

yAu, please advise Marcam to start posting...I hate to got through gigantic worklogs which are uploaded all at once! As an experienced modder, I too want to follow, learn and admire his processes, not just the end photos. I already suggested it:

Aug. 22)

You could start with stating your concept and begin your worklog now, while you receive your parts (unless it is the case that is missing). It is really hard to follow a project when you upload a hundred photos with a 20,000 word text. You do want others to see your mod, don't you?

He is doing his worklog on this thread (verbally)!

Sincerely,

yAu, please advise Marcam to start posting...I hate to got through gigantic worklogs which are uploaded all at once! As an experienced modder, I too want to follow, learn and admire his processes, not just the end photos. I already suggested it:

Aug. 22)

You could start with stating your concept and begin your worklog now, while you receive your parts (unless it is the case that is missing). It is really hard to follow a project when you upload a hundred photos with a 20,000 word text. You do want others to see your mod, don't you?

He is doing his worklog on this thread (verbally)!

Sincerely,

Not using this for a log, just simply stating why the log had not yet been started.

It is now started, and some posts reserved so I can keep thing organized the way I like them. :mrgreen:

http://forum.coolermaster.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13503&p=98022#p98022

Hi All,

From our past contests experience, it's confusing and very hard to follow worklogs that are posted all at once.

If you are planning to enter the modding contest, we highly recommend you to post your worklog as soon as possible.

Benefits of posting your worklog early:

1. More exposure of your mod to the voters.

2. Voters get to follow your mod process more closely, and thus increasing the chance of them voting for you.

3. Voters get to learn the amount of work you put into your mod, which is a big part of this year's voting criteria.

4. Fellow modders get to learn your modding skills, or you can learn from them.

5. CM Staff has a chance to notify you in case of any unintentional miscues that may disqualify your mod entry.

Once again, it's not required that you post your worklog before the submission deadline on September 20th, 09. But we highly recommend you to do so for the reasons stated above.

Less than a month to go, hope everyone will make it!! Can't wait to see all the finished mods!

Thank you.

Hi All,

From our past contests experience, it's confusing and very hard to follow worklogs that are posted all at once.

If you are planning to enter the modding contest, we highly recommend you to post your worklog as soon as possible.

Benefits of posting your worklog early:

1. More exposure of your mod to the voters.

2. Voters get to follow your mod process more closely, and thus increasing the chance of them voting for you.

3. Voters get to learn the amount of work you put into your mod, which is a big part of this year's voting criteria.

4. Fellow modders get to learn your modding skills, or you can learn from them.

5. CM Staff has a chance to notify you in case of any unintentional miscues that may disqualify your mod entry.

Once again, it's not required that you post your worklog before the submission deadline on September 20th, 09. But we highly recommend you to do so for the reasons stated above.

Less than a month to go, hope everyone will make it!! Can't wait to see all the finished mods!

Thank you.

Yes, these all are great reasons, that is why this morning, I went up with it. Still have lots to do, I am excited to see everyone's visions!!

Archived