Reventon Sileo 500 (2009 Mod Contest Entry) Completed

Cham_E_Lyon TPC

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Improvised a 45degree angle router fixture!"

I liked that idea so much that I am copying to make a similar adapter here at home ...

Congratulations on your creativity!

The spoiler was impressive ... very well made and well finished.

Keep going...

Very masterful piece of work on the spoiler, the best in the contest till now! Cham_E takes the "creative use of acrylic" crown! Don't forget the video "The Cham_E-Lyon spray can-airbrush method".

BTW, did you use chloroform as the "cement" or a standard acrylic cement?

Kudos again Cham!

Cheers and Saludos

Thanks , all, for your inspiring words!

BTW, did you use chloroform as the "cement" or a standard acrylic cement?

I use methylcellulose solution instead of the common chloroform because it is prohibited here in my country!

There's another viscous type of cement very similar to Weld-on and commonly known as Plexiton. It doesn't leave any trace, unlike Chloroform or MC solution which leaves a white smoked mark on the acrylic.

With regards to the painting technique using spray cans, i'll be posting it in youtube as soon as I have a video!

No wonder Mexico is the land of tomorrow (la tierra de mañana). Everyone that works acrylic for a living uses chloroform(that is why I asked)! They must be so groggy from using it that that must be the reason they always tell to come back the next day to pick up something (when I contracted a lot of exhibitors for a travel agency) that was supposed to be ready today!

BTW, they don't sell ready made products here like Weld-on.

Cheers and Saludos

Archived