Project Krypto 2009 Mod Contest

Marc Molella

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well a little set back guys, I was not happy with the paint job on the frame, so after a little sand blasting yesterday, and lots of sanding in the next couple days, I should have some final paint shots the beginning of next week.

Also remounting my hard drive, have a little trick up my sleeve, and doing some polishing and lapping!

I have a few pictures to post up in a little while!

Well a little set back guys, I was not happy with the paint job on the frame, so after a little sand blasting yesterday, and lots of sanding in the next couple days, I should have some final paint shots the beginning of next week.

Just lets us know you're human and a modding perfectionist.

Actually, I was waiting for Marcam923's post!

See what I mean? Sunnyextremist checks just about everybody's projects as do I but once he zeros in, he'll be back! For me, a welcome visitor.

BTW, saw your comment on Kahij and I just complemented your comment on his project. That was really, really bad luck! It would've hacked me off for a good while. Too bad cuz it was an "original" project, scratch made.

Cheers/Saludos

Just lets us know you're human and a modding perfectionist.

Actually, I was waiting for Marcam923's post!

See what I mean? Sunnyextremist checks just about everybody's projects as do I but once he zeros in, he'll be back! For me, a welcome visitor.

BTW, saw your comment on Kahij and I just complemented your comment on his project. That was really, really bad luck! It would've hacked me off for a good while. Too bad cuz it was an "original" project, scratch made.

Cheers/Saludos

Definitely a perfectionist, yes that was horrible luck for Kahij, I was enjoying his work so far.

Will be posting some new picturtes shortly. All painting is done, just a small amount of polishing that I will finish up this afternoon, then case assembly! :D

Overlooked your work on cooling the underside of the mobo. Just about everyone, including some manufacturers, overlook this. Definitely helps. Good attention to ventilation, great for hot overclocks!

My, my, the bars really stand out now! I luv aluminum finishes, but I see a lot of folks painting over it! Oh well, what a waste IMO!

Painting with spraycans? Sounds so cuz you put a lot of elbow grease into your paint. Much less with a compressor and spraygun. Well, I mean unless your really anal like me on these things, hehheh.

More please!

Cheers and Saludos

P.D.) On nicky_82uk comment about your pics, most visitors prefer say 800 X 600 , altho they take longer to load than thumbnails. We carried out a survey on our site back home, about using full vs. thumbnails and most people (8 to 3) prefer full sized (lazy???). I used to use thumbnails back home but changed to 800 X 600, and my views jumped way up and got much better comments and contributions. Anyways since you started like this, carry on and keep us updated!

Any news on the HW you're going to use on Krypto? Me, a left over socket 939 mobo, couldn't get a sponsorship here for HW. :cry:

Overlooked your work on cooling the underside of the mobo. Just about everyone, including some manufacturers, overlook this. Definitely helps. Good attention to ventilation, great for hot overclocks!

My, my, the bars really stand out now! I luv aluminum finishes, but I see a lot of folks painting over it! Oh well, what a waste IMO!

Painting with spraycans? Sounds so cuz you put a lot of elbow grease into your paint. Much less with a compressor and spraygun. Well, I mean unless your really anal like me on these things, hehheh.

More please!

Cheers and Saludos

P.D.) On nicky_82uk comment about your pics, most visitors prefer say 800 X 600 , altho they take longer to load than thumbnails. We carried out a survey on our site back home, about using full vs. thumbnails and most people (8 to 3) prefer full sized (lazy???). I used to use thumbnails back home but changed to 800 X 600, and my views jumped way up and got much better comments and contributions. Anyways since you started like this, carry on and keep us updated!

Any news on the HW you're going to use on Krypto? Me, a left over socket 939 mobo, couldn't get a sponsorship here for HW. :cry:

Yes spraycans, I had a couple options when I started, I have a few friends in the Auto industry, and I was looking into powdercoating, but I like to try for the most part to make my mods, something that anyone in their garage could do, with a little time and effort. I do have an airbrush setup that I may do a couple things, depending on time, but I am happy where everything sits right now.

As far as hardware, no sponsors for me either, however I have been sponsoring myself. :bounce::bounce: Working my butt off, and pretty much spending every dime I have to make this the way I want.

It will be an Evga x58 motherboard, i7 920 CPU, some ram just to get me by, updated later, Corsair HX1000w, 2 - GTX275's and some other stuff to accent the overall theme, which will all be revealed in time.

The hardware post above will be updated once all the hardware has arrived, hopefully by tuesday or wednesday of this week. :D

Getting close now, will get the rest of the bars polished today, and hopefully the case roughly assembles so I can get you guys some photos.

The reason I do clickable thumbnails, is because I know there are some guys out there with slow internet, and for those of us with fast internet, we can simply click. However I will probably from now on, post most in thumbnail and some preferred shots, in a larger format, something to fit a standard 15" monitor or so!

Larger photos can be posted upon request!

Archived