Project "Ovni"/UFO from Mexico (2009 Mod Entry)-COMPLETE

PaPang

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done soldier !!!!

Nice work my friend !

Your UFO mod will be remembered in the history of the CMMC by generous doses of careful work and good humor.

KUDOS and GOOD LUCK !!!

Abraços do Brasil !

Tino

If it werent for you, my friend, this forum would be at least half the size and even less fun to be with. You are truly an inspiration and a catalyst to us all to continue in our adventures into the wonderfull world of modding. Your skills are immaculate and I hope you continue to produce even more magical mods in the future.

your friend

Frenkie

Was that Jack Nicholson or Bruce Willis...? On their mid year...

as for the CM SCMClub, I guess if we are allowed to have a thread...you got to start one Golden boy!!!

Nice to hear from you two PaPang and so as to slipperyskip!!!

Sorry sunny, you must be confusing me with a guy from Malta, heheh! Ahhh such a fertile mind, yes a thread such as "Modding in the Golden Years" would be the hottest thread on any forum!

This contest wouldn't have been so much fun without you PaPang!

See you around big bro!

You have helped make this forum a great school for modders of any level Cham_e, you will always be one of my tutors!

wow... finally the waiting is over!!!

I was following this UFO in my radar since day one!!!

Glad you finished!!!

Great work!!! :D

Wow is right Masbuskado, it is a good feeling and ready for the next challenge. Always a privilege to see ordinary materials turned into masterpieces by you!

Well done soldier !!!!

Nice work my friend !

Your UFO mod will be remembered in the history of the CMMC by generous doses of careful work and good humor.

KUDOS and GOOD LUCK !!!

Abraços do Brasil !

Tino

Asgneto, my modding icon from Brazil, always great to see you drop by and yes, we've got to have good humor while we toil on our mods or we would go nuts(me atleast)! Always good to share a laugh with you, amigo.

If it werent for you, my friend, this forum would be at least half the size and even less fun to be with. You are truly an inspiration and a catalyst to us all to continue in our adventures into the wonderfull world of modding. Your skills are immaculate and I hope you continue to produce even more magical mods in the future.

your friend

Frenkie

Missed you Frenkie cuz your mod finished so fast! You were teaching us how to mod without a lot of $$$, just imagination, creativity and resourcefulness. Benelux couldn't have had a better example for all of us to follow and I will keep track of your next, most assuredly, great project.

Looks great best of luck

That's my nicky, brief of word, profound of thought (almost got you figured out, heheh)! On it is with our ver 2.0, lead the way, mate!

I want to thank Cooler Master, yAu and the team for results that I say are extremely positive--and a lot of the guys are competitors, lest we forget that we are in a competition! You only have to see the results above!

A lot of visitors to this meet? Well, a lot of them will be choosing CM products, I am sure, along with the great prizes afforded by the sponsors. However, the spotlight is really on CM for getting one of the richest pot of prizes I have seen! Kudos to our host and all of us, I am sure, are hoping for another opportunity to get together to present eye-popping mods, chat and of course a dose of good humor and source of inspiration.

Oh, one public vote of mine: for MR. CONGENIALITY----I propose Sunnyxtremist! Anyone else?

Cheers and Saludos

To cap off this wonderful event, the final video for Ovni:

th_OvniComplete.jpg

Background music by Cafe Tacuba with "EO" (Mexican punk rock)

I will be coming back in the following days to see the result of the voting process and report things promised.

Loads of luck to everyone and it was a real pleasure to meet you all. Keep in touch!

Cheers and Saludos

As promised, the summary of the time and $$$ spent on the Ovni:

Accumulated Man-Hours: 505 hours or 21 whole days of 24 hours. I started in March and finished by September, 6 months.

Accumulated $ Invested: $2,842.50 mn. At the present exchange rate $1usd/$13mn, that is $218.65 usd!

As I mentioned before, this is only the "case" materials. All other components I had already so no expense taken into account. BTW, I've seen systems like mine on e-bay for $50 usd, including a small hdd.

To this add $66.40 usd for CM products and the strobe light. Total cost then would be $275.05 usd.

So that's it folks 21 whole days and $275 usd for the Ovni mod, a small price to be able to compete in the 2009 Cooler Master Modding Contest-Worldwide Edition!

This is my last formal post and constitutes the end of my worklog, phewww! ---THE END---

Cheers and Saludos

Another nice video...

The light effects are amazing and the strobe... well, no comments.

PaPang, my friend, congratulations for your incredible work.

We know that the voting results don't translate the mods quality.

Your mod deserves much more !

Ps. the mexican punk rock is very cool... I liked !

Having met a fellow modder like you makes it worth the effort and while! Did you mention in your thread that you would be making a video too? It would be great to see the change of lighting and other bling that only a video can show.

Just a word of caution. Low light video makes for a BIG file. I had 44 mb on just the video and with the added soundtrack hit 101 mb. It took several hours to upload to PhotoBucket! Also it did not help that my video cam did not have a "pause" button, it is either "on" or "off" so I had to shoot it all at once, it was terrible, I shot the scene 3 times and had to choose the best one, all because of the lack of a pause button, sigh.... Oh, and I do not know how to edit a video yet, that is why they are amateurish.

Also, un abrazo a tu padre! Great son means a great father (he is my contemporary remember). You have to get him in the contest too the next time. If he resists, tell him that "old school" is held in high regard here, that should do it, heheh!

Looking forward to a great video of a great mod.

Saludos and Cheers

Archived