Project "Ovni"/UFO from Mexico (2009 Mod Entry)-COMPLETE

PaPang

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes my sunny, this has been a great experience for all of us! For some of the first timers, a little difficult and a little disconcerting, specially if we tried to do something that we had not done before (am I right MstJuan?), so we chewed off more than we could swallow at times and for myself, I felt embarrassed. :oops:

But now we have to laugh at our "bad" experiences because I can guarantee, did we learn a lot from them or not, heheh?! Also nothing like hearing a kind and encouraging word from the guy with the best attitude in this contest: sunnyxtremist (also owner of a FEROCIOUS mod!) :cheers:

Also the writer for one of the best song adaptations of the great Frank Sinatra (everyone MUST read the words).

BTW, I am sad to report that my "home" forum (ModdingMX) went under yesterday because we lost our "free" service due to the bad economical situation here which closed the business of our benefactor. It had to happen when we were going through a major renovation of the site. I don't know if we can pick it up soon, it is so hard to find someone who is generous enough to loan us server space for a web site forum nowadays. Meanwhile, we will be "homeless" and have to look for another Mexican forum we can move to, sigh...., so all is not good news. :cry:

And MstJuan, who needs a workshop when we can mod in any corner available, right? I prefer the kitchen because all of the snacks are close by, heheh.

Take care and please leave me an e-mail.

Cheers and Saludos

BTW, I am sad to report that my "home" forum (ModdingMX) went under yesterday because we lost our "free" service due to the bad economical situation here which closed the business of our benefactor. It had to happen when we were going through a major renovation of the site. I don't know if we can pick it up soon, it is so hard to find someone who is generous enough to loan us server space for a web site forum nowadays. Meanwhile, we will be "homeless" and have to look for another Mexican forum we can move to, sigh...., so all is not good news. :cry:

Sad to hear that!!

And MstJuan, who needs a workshop when we can mod in any corner available, right? I prefer the kitchen because all of the snacks are close by, heheh.

Looks like an appropriate tag for you is "Kitchen Modder"

Good luck PaPang!

Considering my 40 days journey to the unknown (because I don't know what's ahead!!!), you've have been one of the inspiring person I've met here at the modding contest. You are a friend to me Bro - so in the future anytime, anywhere I can't forget a name like yours!!! We'll be keeping in touch right!!! We have more contest ahead at least we've tried and tasted it!

More Power Great friend of the modding world!

What's up bro, where are you?! Did you submit already?!

Yo PaPang, where are you!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND TO ALL CONTESTANTS, IT WAS GREAT TO KNOW YOU

Finishing up, I got my submission in at last (7PM)! Phewww! I still have to make my last post yet.

Looks like an appropriate tag for you is "Kitchen Modder"

I like it Cham_e, the Kitchen, the best place to mod and get a quick snack without getting up!

Best of luck to my two bros, so far away but so close at the same time.

Cheers and Saludos

Well, as promised, the last page of my worklog. Of course, wiring the 3 parts together brought out a bunch of little details I had overlooked until then. First the 12v. connector was too short and I had to add around 3" of wire to reach.

DSCI000245.jpg

DSCI000337.jpg

I connected the front I/O plate connectors into the mobo, Wow, they were long, but no time to try to cut them down to size. I just wound them up inside the best I could.

DSCI000531.jpg

Next, the connector to the logo disk was in peril of getting mashed with the center part insertion so I had to make a removable connection to avoid that.

DSCI000722.jpg

Inserting the the center into the dome, I found out that I had somehow lost the "wiggle room" I had calculated and upon closer inspection, the strobe was butting into the psu, so:

DSCI000918.jpg

Do you see the "dock" to hold the dome without damaging the strobe? It is a glass bowl with towels to avoid scraping.

DSCI000821.jpg

DSCI00138.jpg

There were still obstructions so I took to the rats nest of connectors to cut of all extras to slim the mess down.

DSCI001110.jpg

The "fixing plate" that unites the center to the botton was glued and screwed in place.

DSCI000433.jpg

And with the help of my wife Gaby, we inserted first the center to the dome, then the bottom dome to the that and...

then the finishing touches: the Team CM logo to the lit logo acrylic dome.

DSCI001211.jpg

a small dusting off and here it is, Stage 1 (ver 1.0) completed (dang it, I forgot to connect the upper dome extraction fan, but too late now, I will get to it later, got to run (it is about 5 PM of the last day)! And it is raining, no sun for good pics!!!! :x:x:(:cry::!::!:

DSCI00202.jpg

DSCI00173.jpg

DSCI0021.jpg

DSCI00183.jpg

DSCI00154.jpg

Got dressed for the final pics and noticed the consequences of modding in the kitchen, A TIRE :|:oops:

DSCI0024.jpg

DSCI0027.jpg

Pic of a chubby. balding coot of a modder from Mexico. Who could that be, heheh?

That's all folks! I will try to get a video out tonight fully assembled with lights before they close the threads.

Man Hours Used: 20 hours

$ Invested: -0-

Also promise a summary of man hours used and $$$ invested in the project.

It has been a monster bash having participated with all of you and I thank everyone for their tips, comments and patience for my wordy (and unedited) worklog.

BTW,I want to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who I may have stepped on their toes with an inappropriate or badly worded comment/post. Sometimes I don't have it all together with me and I screw up, that is why I stopped posting after 11 PM, I get groggy at that time. So again I am very, very sorry if I hurt someone's feelings. It is not in my nature to do so, really.

Thanks again for you visits and reading the rants of the eldest member of the "CM Senior Citizens Modding Club"(sunnyxtremist's idea, I like it!)

Cheers and Saludos

some posts omitted...

DSCI0027.jpg

Pic of a chubby. balding coot of a modder from Mexico. Who could that be, heheh?

That's all folks! I will try to get a video out tonight fully assembled with lights before they close the threads.

Man Hours Used: 20 hours

$ Invested: -0-

Also promise a summary of man hours used and $$$ invested in the project.

It has been a monster bash having participated with all of you and I thank everyone for their tips, comments and patience for my wordy (and unedited) worklog.

BTW,I want to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who I may have stepped on their toes with an inappropriate or badly worded comment/post. Sometimes I don't have it all together with me and I screw up, that is why I stopped posting after 11 PM, I get groggy at that time. So again I am very, very sorry if I hurt someone's feelings. It is not in my nature to do so, really.

Thanks again for you visits and reading the rants of the eldest member of the "CM Senior Citizens Modding Club"(sunnyxtremist's idea, I like it!)

Cheers and Saludos

Was that Jack Nicholson or Bruce Willis...? On their mid year...

as for the CM SCMClub, I guess if we are allowed to have a thread...you got to start one Golden boy!!!

Nice to hear from you two PaPang and so as to slipperyskip!!!

Archived