TRON CM Final Pics

Boddaker

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, a typical Boddaker mod: A winner! Congratz on an awe-inspiring project that a lot of us can use as inspiration to do bigger and better things. Thanks for that! It is a big step up from Mai Lin, but the chosen theme was the clincher and of course excellent execution. I guess most of us are a little older than your daughter, hehe.

One of your trademarks is that yours mods are so different, something I try to do but on flying objects (some sort of fixation) but the astounding thing is that you are willing to work so many types of materials. One material you have not used is wood (watch out slipperyskip!) but I suspect that one day, it will happen. Once you get the hang of it, you will move on to another material and technique which means that you will be busy for a veeerrryyy long time.

As usual, learned a lot from your great worklog but a lot will have to wait till we get a laser cutting service (first one went belly up) here in my town and for prices to go down (charge twice or more than in "developed" countries and will not take mail orders!). But as we know, all laser cuts can be done by hand but take way longer and have small irregularities, usually not visible unless taken in macro pics with a fast lens.

Of all your mods, this might be the apex so it will be interesting to see what you do the next time around. It will be a tough act to follow! :wink:

Cheers and Saludos

Thanks guys, and thank you Mike for the kind words. As for me doing a wood case, I don't think I would be able to compete with such greatness as jeffrey and Nick (greensabbath). I'll probably stick with what I know best - acrylic.

In other news, I came across a video of Microsoft's presentation at Computex, and the TRON bike was featured on stage! here's an excerpt:

Doesn't get much better than that!

Oh WOW, awesome to have your work on stage and talked about like that :notworthy:

For some reason i thought Tron was a lot bigger from previous pictures but seeing it next to the guy on stage puts it better in perspective, so yeah i like it even more now i see the actual size.

OT, is anyone else at a loss with nothing to do now the competition is over.........i need a new project :?

Archived