MORPHIUS -2009 Mod Contest Entry-finished BRODER

MACIEL BARRETO

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

72603856.jpg

Now I am installing the driver of fans in the waist and base of pricipal Morphius, to monitor the temperature and voltage consumed by casemod in addition of course to a style, who thought it wrong that the source would be there! kkkk

(Agora estou instalando o controlador de fans, na cintura e base pricipal de MORPHIUS, para poder monitorar a temperatura e voltagem consumidas pelo casemod, além é claro de dar um estilo, se enganou quem pensou que a fonte ficaria ai! kkkk)

I thought the power source would go there, anyway I can only guess the second best location. Let's see who is right, Mpovh or me, heh-heh.

Maciel, a special favor: could you show me one of your molds used in laying the fiber glass? Especially one of the more complicated ones. I would appreciate it very much.

Cheers

P.D. Another great idea from Icejon, if the English translation goes awry, someone can correct it exactly as it was meant in Portuguese. Kudos! Why didn't I think of that? Sheesh!

Papang send some videos for you then, because even through pictures you will not understand the process in the case of fiber, but is simple, the model is ready in CLAY, silicone pour on top, wait for drying, and gypsum added to firmness the silicone mold, ready to order is ready and can be used. Simply place the glass fiber and resin.

I see where you find will be the source.

kkkkkk

abraços

Papang mandarei uns videos para você depois, pois mesmo através de fotos você não irá entender o processo, no caso da fibra , mas é simples, o modelo estando pronto em CLAY, despeje silicone em cima , espere secar, e acrecente gesso para dar firmeza ao molde de silicone , pronto a forma esta pronta e pode ser usada. Basta colocar a fibra de vidro e a resina.

quero ver você descobrir onde vai ficar a fonte.

kkkkkk

abraços

Obrigado Maciel, as you might have concluded, I know how to apply fiberglass and resin for commercial/industrial applications (repairing boats, coverings, protective surfaces, etc.) some on surfaces and others using molds. Besides the fumes and that you have to work quickly, the most notable negative part of using fiberglass is that it wants to straighten itself (does no follow sharp curves or corners). I have tried several tricks such as cutting (scoring) the matting half way through its thickness, using clamps, etc, but I cannot get it to bend well. Also I know that resin not interlaced with fiberglass matting is easy to chip and relatively weak. If the fiberglass matting is not applied evenly, the part with less matting is weaker and will eventually deform vs. the parts that have enough matting. Too much and too little resin is also a factor. I have seen statues and other decorative figures made of fiberglass here but they are not made in Cancun, but rather shipped from other parts of Mexico or even from China (the majority).

So, you are the closest I have come in contact of a person that can use fiberglass in an artistic manner such as you are doing now. No doubt you have in Morphius a clearly artistic and major work of art. Kudos! This as compared to mine which is more pedestrian but it is a first time I attempt using these materials for a case. I don't need that much hand-holding as I know the elementary, but others who do not know could learn a lot from you. In any case, I suppose that one of your objectives is to teach others the noble art of modding, as do I, and that metal sheeting and acrylic is not the only available materials to do so. I am not a sculpturer as you, but with what you can show me, I am willing to take a stab at it just as another challenge.

Tchau! ,Saúde! ,Boa sorte! :wink:

94466513.jpg

One more step, putting the driver at a Cooler Master 120mm FAN, cooling and everything and that if I exaggerate a little!

I arrested the driver with clamps to be very firm.

Mais uma etapa, colocando junto do controlador uma FAN 120mm COOLER MASTER , REFRIGERAÇÃO é tudo e nesse caso irei exagerar um pouco!

Eu prendi o controlador com braçadeiras , para ficar bem firme.

81109284.jpg

Now the part already in the top finishing, adcionado the buttons to connect and disconnect.

This will be screws on the other.

Agora a parte de cima ja com acabamento, adcionado os botões de liga e desliga.

Essa parte vai ser parafusada na outra.

43182332.jpg

After connecting the cables and arrest the driver of the fans enough time to fit in the upper lower, so that part is completed and will soon be showing the chest of the Hards Morphius and added inside.

Depois de conectar os cabos e prender o controlador de fans chega a hora de encaixar a parte superior na inferior, assim essa parte vai se completando e breve estarei mostrando o peitoral de MORPHIUS e acrecentando os hards em seu interior.

Archived