MORPHIUS -2009 Mod Contest Entry-finished BRODER

MACIEL BARRETO

Ahhh, masterful Maciel! I will keep this idea for future use. Also a friend of mine that is also seeing your mod, pointed out that the base of the upper body (the round part with a hole in the middle) looked crooked. I told him that as long as it works and is firm, it did not matter since it was not going to be visible. I then showed him several non-visible defects on mine, all on the inside too. Of course, this person is barely beginning and has this idea that everything must be perfect,.. impossible! What we must be is practical too, or we would never finish! Heh-heh, taught something else, good for the community. :D

My friend and I will look forward for more eye-opening pearls of wisdom!

Cheers/Saludos

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MY NEW CASE FOR 2010 is new and secret, I'm trying to do it slowly so hurry do not interfere in the details further in this worklog'm jumping several steps, you will see differences in each picture posted, details that are unfinished and pieces that complement with other parts that are to come, this is the secret to my view,

a big hug !!!!!

mEU NOVO CASE PARA 2010 é novidade e segredo, estou tentando fazer ele devagar para que a pressa não me atrapalhe nos detalhes futuros, nesse worklog estou pulando varias etapas , vocês irão ver diferenças a cada foto postada, os detalhes que estão inacabados e peças que se completam com outras partes que estão por vim , esse é o segredo ao meu ver,

um forte abraço!!!!!

Papang you also have to take into consideration that Morphius is all done artesal, and nothing was bought, but built with my own hands, and that I think the meaning of modding, do things with our own hand and not just buy and place! loses grace

kkkkkkk

hugs all

Papang você também tem que levar em consideração que MORPHIUS é todo feito de forma artesal, sendo que nada foi comprado e sim construido com minhas proprias mãos, e isso que eu acho o significado do MODDing, fazer as coisas com nossas suas proprias mão e não apenas comprar e colocar!perde a graça

kkkkkkk

abraços a todos

Glad to know that you too are "old school" Maciel, even though you are young enough to be my son! Just kidding, but yes, as experienced modders I feel that our legacy is to teach and attract new modders (if not, who is going to see our mods?). Like I said, true modders to do no hire others to do their mods (well, maybe small difficult things for lack of tools) but the great majority has to come from us, our brains and hands.

Asgneto said it very well, there is no better satisfaction (recognition and pride) than doing mods at home and with your own hands. Kudos to Asgneto! (he made the comment in sunnyextremist thread) and is a member of the CM SCMC (Cooler Master Senior Citizens Modding Club--altho I don't know Asgneto's age), haha! Our label: "Old school".

And yes, artesanal (original hand-made) mods take time to make, not just slapping in and screwing. That is not modding, it is just assembling! There are millions of laborers in China and India that make close to minimum salary for assembling computers and they are not going to compete in a contest like CM's and as a matter of fact, should not.

No, I will not ask what your next project is, if you don't ask me mine. Kidding again, as long as I do not finish the Ovni, I have none, it would only distract me. Keep the worklog coming!

Cheers/Saludos

Glad to know that you too are "old school" Maciel, even though you are young enough to be my son! Just kidding, but yes, as experienced modders I feel that our legacy is to teach and attract new modders (if not, who is going to see our mods?). Like I said, true modders to do no hire others to do their mods (well, maybe small difficult things for lack of tools) but the great majority has to come from us, our brains and hands.

Asgneto said it very well, there is no better satisfaction (recognition and pride) than doing mods at home and with your own hands. Kudos to Asgneto! (he made the comment in sunnyextremist thread) and is a member of the CM SCMC (Cooler Master Senior Citizens Modding Club--altho I don't know Asgneto's age), haha! Our label: "Old school".

And yes, artesanal (original hand-made) mods take time to make, not just slapping in and screwing. That is not modding, it is just assembling! There are millions of laborers in China and India that make close to minimum salary for assembling computers and they are not going to compete in a contest like CM's and as a matter of fact, should not.

No, I will not ask what your next project is, if you don't ask me mine. Kidding again, as long as I do not finish the Ovni, I have none, it would only distract me. Keep the worklog coming!

Cheers/Saludos

These are true words. The essence of modding lays in the skills, not the money you throw at it. Your mod, allthough as Papang said, you could be our son hehehe, is definitly " Old Scool" . I love it !

Are the fan tubes functional? In other words, is the air collected and injected to the inside of Morphius? The exhaust is taken into account? I wanted to ask you from the beginning but now that you show it, now is the time.

I love the fans, a stroke of genius that really pops out!

Cheers/Saludos

Very nice work, I followed your work since the beginning, first thought you might not pull it of, but here you are with something already quite similar to your drawing! :D8)

Good luck!

@ Papang, I don't think so, you can see the tubes more clearly on 1 of the pics from the first page by the way.

I really couldn't see Maxession, the first photos were from imageshack (reaallll slowwwww loads) and the resolution is too much so that about a third of the image is lost in the margins (I thought Morphius had 3 legs cuz the 4th was lost from the pic). It would be a pity if they were just decorative. I guess Maciel will clear that up for us later.

Cheers/Saludos

Very nice work, I followed your work since the beginning, first thought you might not pull it of, but here you are with something already quite similar to your drawing! :D8)

Good luck!

@ Papang, I don't think so, you can see the tubes more clearly on 1 of the pics from the first page by the way.

I really appreciate the compliments, and really Morphius is a casemod that impress by their different style.

Archived