PROJECT LUNAR SERENITY - CM 2009 Modding Contest - Completed

asgneto

Final photos... release 1.0 for Cooler Master Modding Contest 2009.

LUNAR422.jpg

LUNAR424.jpg

LUNAR425.jpg

LUNAR426.jpg

LUNAR427.jpg

LUNAR428.jpg

LUNAR429.jpg

LUNAR430.jpg

LUNAR431.jpg

LUNAR432.jpg

LUNAR433.jpg

LUNAR434.jpg

LUNAR435.jpg

LUNAR436.jpg

LUNAR437.jpg

LUNAR438.jpg

LUNAR439.jpg

LUNAR440.jpg

LUNAR441.jpg

LUNAR442.jpg

LUNAR443.jpg

LUNAR444.jpg

LUNAR445.jpg

LUNAR446.jpg

LUNAR447.jpg

LUNAR448.jpg

LUNAR449.jpg

LUNAR450.jpg

LUNAR451.jpg

LUNAR452.jpg

LUNAR453.jpg

LUNAR454.jpg

LUNAR455.jpg

LUNAR456.jpg

LUNAR457.jpg

LUNAR458.jpg

LUNAR459.jpg

LUNAR460.jpg

LUNAR461.jpg

LUNAR462.jpg

LUNAR463.jpg

LUNAR464.jpg

LUNAR465.jpg

LUNAR466.jpg

LUNAR467.jpg

LUNAR468.jpg

LUNAR469.jpg

LUNAR471.jpg

LUNAR472.jpg

LUNAR473.jpg

LUNAR474.jpg

LUNAR475.jpg

LUNAR476.jpg

LUNAR477.jpg

LUNAR478.jpg

LUNAR479.jpg

LUNAR480.jpg

LUNAR481.jpg

LUNAR482.jpg

LUNAR483.jpg

LUNAR484.jpg

LUNAR485.jpg

LUNAR486.jpg

PS:In the last pictures, the water cooling system shows a green color because of an radiator additive for cars that I bought to temporary replace the product I bought in USA and was lost during the mail services strike here in Brazil. As can not leave the system water without any additive, I bought one radiator fluid based in ethylene glycol to protect my system, but that left him with that ugly color.

I ordered another blue additive for water... I'm just waiting for delivery.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to tell me how to contact the guy who made your video clip! Really cool and great background music. What is next for version 2.0? Kudos Asgneto, you make my videos look "home-made", heheh.

Saludos

You have to tell me how to contact the guy who made your video clip! Really cool and great background music. What is next for version 2.0? Kudos Asgneto, you make my videos look "home-made", heheh.

Saludos

Thanks PaPang !!!

I'm training to make better videos ... hehehehehehe

I will try to fix some things that just getting out of this first release, like the water cooling block for the chipset, lighting the LS of the side panels, etc.

These small details that I would like to have implemented in this release and I could not or did not have time to do.

Saludos !

Congratulations! you inspired me to be a better modder!!! great job! hope to see you in the next contest with more of your great mods

Thanks petoscal !

My next project will be based on prizes received in the contest, so wait for a modded Cosmos next year.

Updating...

It is with great satisfaction and pride that I present the new sponsor/partner of the project LUNAR SERENITY ...

Corsair.jpg

I just knew the support of the Corsair to the project because it had been confirmed, but never imagined it would get here so early ! Let me explain ...

- When one of the possible sponsors "disappeared", leaving me no news, I commented to the staff of WAZ that I was using regular memories and for my surprise, they immediately offered to help me with this problem.

At the end of the day, they told me that they had talked to Corsair and they would send the best memory kit available for my config.

What I did not expect, that would be so fast ...

So yesterday when I got home at night, I found a UPS box sent by CORSAIR. Can you imagine my face ? Total happiness!

th_LUNAR487.jpg

Inside the box, a nice surprise ...

CORSAIR sent to me a Dominator Series Twin2X4096-8500C5DF that is composed by 4096MBytes of DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs, verified to operate at 1066MHz at latencies of 5-5-5-15-2T at 2.1VDIMM coupled with a Corsair Dominator Airow Fan. Really amazing !

th_LUNAR490.jpg

th_LUNAR491.jpg

th_LUNAR495.jpg

DOMINATOR series are equipped with a high performance aluminum heatsink with Dual-Path Heat Xchange tecnology (DHX).

Check the details of all the technology behind the heatsink because they are super efficient.

th_DOMINATORcutaway2.jpg

th_LUNAR496.jpg

th_LUNAR497.jpg

The Corsair Dominator Airflow Fan, is a must for any machine geared for overclocking and games ... Its a cooling system for the memories equipped with 3 40mm fans of high efficiency and tachometer.

It is super easy to assemble, comes with sleeving the wires and is extremely quiet.

th_fan.jpg

th_LUNAR498.jpg

For those using a platform with DDR2 memory, here is my sincere suggestion ... Dominator Twin2X4096-8500C5DF

th_LUNAR501.jpg

Details: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

Assembly

Thanks to the proximity of the DIMM sockets with the PCI-e slot, I had to remove the VGA to allow the installation of memories.

It's impossible to open the DIMM retention levers with a VGA installed.

After removal of the VGA, install the memories and the AirFlow Fan was extremely easy and fast.

The AirFlow Fan has two clips that are mounted on the main section with the use of 4 thumbscrews. The screws allow for precise positioning of the fans on the memory modules, optimizing the operation of the kit.

At the time of put back the VGA card, I was worried with the risk of the AirFlow Fan touch at the VGA card's PCB or any components...

To tell the truth, the AirFlow clip touch at the GPU heatsink's support but there is no risk. But I can say that is very close!

th_LUNAR504.jpg

th_LUNAR505.jpg

After the scare, just press the power button and the system was succefull loaded.

Note: the memories, even though certified and tested to operate at 1066MHz, are identified and configured by the SPD as 800 (JEDEC). Therefore, to enjoy its full potential, we must make an adjustment of frequency in the BIOS. But let's talk about that another time ...

Now, let's see how the system looks with the memory installed.

th_LUNAR502.jpg

th_LUNAR503.jpg

th_LUNAR506.jpg

th_LUNAR507.jpg

Soon, a aesthetic mod (very simple) to print the LUNAR SERENITY style at the AirFlow !

Congrats Asgneto, good to see the sponsors come in with your much deserved win. Too bad for the previous sponsor, he lost out on a lot of publicity! Now Corsair will reap the rewards, heheh.

Saludos and Kudos!

Archived