PROJECT LUNAR SERENITY - CM 2009 Modding Contest - Completed

asgneto

Wow, lots of things coming up here! A few years without talking :lol: Seems that we'll have another outstanding project!

First of all, congratulations for the new baby my friend!! Maybe a new casemodder coming here? haha. Cheers!

It's always nice to see an oldschool coming back, specially you that always helped hundred of people with all your knowledge. As i could see by the topic, Lunar Serenity will be another hardcore modding project, in a very nice case!

If you have problems with that waterblock top, we have a nice drill-press at puc that can finely do this (and i still have that 1/4 npt thread maker) .

Keep up with the nice work and good luck,

Mario Pareto.

Hello Mario !!!

Welcome back !

Maybe another casemodder... :shock:

My 5 years old daughter already has the spirit of modder and I believe that very soon will be joining me in this hobby.

Thanks for the offer... maybe in the new release of Lunar Serenity to the CSM09 I come in contact with you to make a different model for my block.

keep in touch...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good News!

Earlier today the Postal Service delivered a box sent by WAZ for use in the project ...

LUNAR302.jpg

LUNAR303.jpg

7 silent 120mm fans ... totally agree with the project subject.

LUNAR304.jpg

My thanks to the staff of WAZ for the support!

Soon more news!

Heyo Asgneto!!

I'm with you till the end in Lunar Serenity, and as I said few weeks ago: "you are inspiring me on my first casemod project".

Show to the people that you arent playing (but you are having fun).

Cheers, good luck.

Hi OvelhA !

I am very happy to be an incentive for your first project.

Thanks !

See? A blessing with the arrival of the package (of course with your new member of the family) and some extra time to do it right. BTW, muchas gracias for showing your workshop/work area. I felt I had to correspond so you can see mine on my thread (also from the others like sunny who have shown theirs) for a laugh or two (another "light" story to relieve the pressure). I hope we have good luck from now on!

Cheers and Saludos

See? A blessing with the arrival of the package (of course with your new member of the family) and some extra time to do it right. BTW, muchas gracias for showing your workshop/work area. I felt I had to correspond so you can see mine on my thread (also from the others like sunny who have shown theirs) for a laugh or two (another "light" story to relieve the pressure). I hope we have good luck from now on!

Cheers and Saludos

You see, not only of mischance and accidents that logs of casemod are made ... we also have good news and a bit of fun.

May the force be with you ! :cya:

Updating ...

Well, with the extension of the deadline, I'll take the extra time to try to implement some ideas that were left out of the original project due to unforeseen events (explosion of spray gun, family issues, etc.).

With that, I'll publish some photos today and and others throughout the week, as I am finalizing the changes and additions to the project.

Searching at junk box, I found a Akasa fan controller that was retired because the multicolored LED that illuminates the LCD has died.

I could not resist and decided to include it in the project ...

First step, change the face plate of the controller ...

LUNAR305.jpg

This model comes with 7 color options for the face plate of the controller and two transparent covers (one with black letters and another with white letters). However, as none of the faces is white, I took the silver face and painted of white.

First problem solved ...

LUNAR306.jpg

LUNAR307.jpg

LUNAR308.jpg

Second, solve the burned LED issue...

LUNAR309.jpg

As the original LED is firmly glued to the LCD display, I preferred not to risk to damage the piece trying to remove it .

So, I made an external mounting with 2 blue leds 3mm and connected direct to the power line (12v) and fixed over the display.

Result, the LCD got an illumination more "homogeneous", strong and alive, without having to disassemble anything.

LUNAR313.jpg

LUNAR314.jpg

To brighten the finish of the case top I need to make the holes for the installation of the LEDs.

The first step was to masking the painted surface, mark the outline of the top finish and distribute the LEDs for an even illumination.

LUNAR310.jpg

Then it was just drilling holes and removing the mask.

LUNAR311.jpg

More photos today... :cheers:

Updating ...

- Mounting of the switches on/off for the lighting system and the on/off/on for Clear CMOS.

LUNAR312.jpgLUNAR315.jpg

- Mounting the radiator of CM Aquagate S1 with the replacement of the original fan by a fan with white LEDs.

LUNAR316.jpgLUNAR317.jpg

- Mounting the acrylic on the front finishing (upper piece).

It only remains to apply the logo to finish this piece.

LUNAR318.jpg

- Painting the DVD drive face plate.

LUNAR319.jpg

- Painting of the "cap" of the block/pump of CM Aquagate S1.

LUNAR320.jpg

- Mounting of chassis, acrylic finishing, radiator, grill, wheels, etc..

LUNAR321.jpgLUNAR322.jpgLUNAR323.jpgLUNAR324.jpgLUNAR325.jpgLUNAR326.jpgLUNAR327.jpgLUNAR328.jpgLUNAR329.jpg

- Lighting test... fan control, buttons and front finishing (lower piece) with blue LEDs and fans with white LEDs.

in detail (red arrow): one of the blue LED from the lower front finishing left his position and I just noticed in time to cut and resize the photos.

LUNAR330.jpgLUNAR331.jpgLUNAR332.jpgLUNAR333.jpgLUNAR334.jpgLUNAR335.jpgLUNAR336.jpgLUNAR337.jpgLUNAR338.jpgLUNAR339.jpgLUNAR340.jpgLUNAR341.jpg

Archived