PROJECT LUNAR SERENITY - CM 2009 Modding Contest - Completed

asgneto

For metal or ABS, 50° C is good. With 3 X 100 watt bulbs, you will not get more-use a thermometer to guide you. At night (8 PM), put piece (s) in the oven, the next day in the morning (8 AM or minimum 8 hours) handle the piece(s) with confidence. Trust me, it works!

Cheers and Saludos

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, despite the good weather, I could not paint and touch up the pieces today.

My workshop occupies a small space in my parents' house, because in my house I do not have a garage for that, and today they decided to make a lunch for the family of my brother's bride. So, the order of my bosses(dad and mom) was quite clear:

- No mess and noise for today ...

A sample of how this varying climate here in Rio de Janeiro due to a "cold front" (do not know the correct translation for this weather phenomenon) that hit the southeastern region of Brazil:

Monday, Sept 09.

sunny.jpg

Tuesday, Sept 10.

cloudy.jpg

As I said, on Monday, a sunny holiday I couldn't do the painting because of the lunch with the family of my brother's bride.

Yesterday, there was no reason to stop painting, but the day was cloudy and rainny. I believe it's bad luck on my part.

Today, the day dawned a little better. Some clouds, weak sun, and fortunately, no rain.

After lunch I will try to paint and touch up the pieces.

I take the opportunity to post some pictures of what was done in the last days...

Beautiful pictures, it looks like Cancun in the winter and cold front is the correct usage. Paint down time is terrible but you have to advance with other things too which may seem small but are necessary.

Rain, rain go away. come again another day! --an old kindergarten school rhyme of my times.

Cheers and Saludos

A lot of products ordered will not arrive on time and some changes had to be made in the project.

The adapters/heatsinks for the HD's is one of these parts and I need to get a solution for that.

Initially, I thought of making acrylic adapters with 3mm thick for each one of the 3 HD's.

For that, I cut three pieces of acrylic and made the required markings.

LUNAR197.jpg

Then I fixed the piece on the workbench and used the heat gun to make the folds.

LUNAR198.jpg

LUNAR199.jpg

LUNAR200.jpg

LUNAR201.jpg

With ready piece, secured a old HD and did some testing ...

The board of 3mm is not solid enough to resist to the weight and vibration. I lost time and material in this attempt.

LUNAR202.jpg

Beautiful pictures, it looks like Cancun in the winter and cold front is the correct usage. Paint down time is terrible but you have to advance with other things too which may seem small but are necessary.

Rain, rain go away. come again another day! --an old kindergarten school rhyme of my times.

Cheers and Saludos

Today was a good day ...

The sun brightened and heated up enough and I had a very good news.

Few people know, but my wife is pregnant (7 weeks) and on Friday night when we did an ultrasound examination, there was no sign of heartbeat of the embryo ... You can not imagine the nightmare that was my weekend. All gray, a horrible feeling of weight and sadness.

Today, we re-examined and everything is perfect ... no problem with my wife or the baby. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

My hapiness returned and I'm more radiant than the sun! :lol:

About the project, today I did much of the paint and a few more pieces of acrylic important for the final look of the project ...

Later, I'll post more photos!

Well thank goodness about your future heir. Boy or Girl?

Don't worry about the hdd, the acrylic will hold fine even if 3mm. You can brace it if wish but I don't think it is necessary.

If you bent the hot acrylic with your hand, you are Superman, heheh! I use a stick or cloth because I can't do that anymore (as if I could, hahah!).

Only steps forward from now on.

Cheers and Saludos

Well thank goodness about your future heir. Boy or Girl?

Don't worry about the hdd, the acrylic will hold fine even if 3mm. You can brace it if wish but I don't think it is necessary.

If you bent the hot acrylic with your hand, you are Superman, heheh! I use a stick or cloth because I can't do that anymore (as if I could, hahah!).

Only steps forward from now on.

Cheers and Saludos

It is too early to know the gender ...

I'll have to wait a few more weeks to find out, but being a healthy child I'll be happy same way. :lol:

I found in my junk box another solution for mounting the hard drives ... keep an eye on the log.

To bend the acrylic I used another piece of acrylic 6mm and bare hands ...

I still need to make a bench with resistance and a mechanism to bend the acrylic with more precision.

Archived