PROJECT LUNAR SERENITY - CM 2009 Modding Contest - Completed

asgneto

I just noticed you posted pictures linking to your sponsor, which might be against the rules of the contest;
If you plan to use sponsored components for you mod:

* All modding work must be done by you, not the sponsors.

* You cannot do any advertising for the sponsors or any product in your worklog (i.e. posting links to online ecommerce sites for the product).

Just thought I'd let you know...

Maxession, I correct the post removing the links...

I'm sorry for that but I saw other projects with links to sponsors and was unaware it was against the rules...

When I read the contest rules did not exist the "Special Instructions" paragraph that I could see was included only on July 9, 2009.

I believe it would be good to notify all participants of this change so that there are differences in rules between the competitors.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the second time I see a comment on sponsor links. Thinking about it a bit, I'm not sure if it is all that bad to place links to sponsors. I would not order anything from Agneto's sponsor because it is a pain and costly to order stuff from someone on the other side of the world!

This might apply to a LOCAL contest (say Mexico) where if you are sponsoring the contest and a contestant would place links to the competition, well that would be bad, unethical and just plain spiteful (and probably should get banned). It is tricky to get sponsorships in these times, ask me, I got none!

Anyways, like MstJuan mentioned, if we read the rules (I did) we should abide and comply. Special cases should be explained as to why they are exempt. I know that CM sponsors MNPCTECH a lot with product on a regular basis, for example, but that in no way diminishes the fact that they have a cool mod competing.

There is a saying in Mexico: "O todos hijos, o todos entenados" / "Are we all sons or are we all adopted?" (doesn't make much sense in English tho-all must be treated equal)

My 2 cents on this controversy.

There is a saying in Mexico: "O todos hijos, o todos entenados" / "Are we all sons or are we all adopted?" (doesn't make much sense in English tho-all must be treated equal)

My 2 cents on this controversy.

Totally agree ...

Here in Brazil we say: "can't exist two weights or two measures" (that also means all must be treated equal).

The issue with sponsored project is that CM is a big company and this Competition is a Big Marketing Campaign you have to understand that... is a big idea to promote your business this way... so is like Intel hosting a Overclocking Competition and you enter with a Sponsored AMD CPU jejeje... so in this case you have to keep your sponsor in low profile mode... so let follow the rules and enjoy the competition!!! :D

Hi All,

* All modding work must be done by you, not the sponsors.

We understand that certain modding skills are very hard to acquire such as air brush painting, so we tend to be lenient on this. As long as most of the modding work is done by the participant, we can allow a little outsourcing for your mod (the closest entry we accepted so far is the "ZOTAC 840 MOD BOX"). But please keep in mind that we will highly recommend voters to consider the amount of original work put in by the modder.

If our review staff decided a participant did not put quite enough original work into the mod entry as we wanted, then we'll notify the participant (if you did not receive any notice, then your mod entry is ok).

You cannot do any advertising for the sponsors or any product in your worklog (i.e. posting links to online ecommerce sites for the product).

The main reason we added this rule is that we want all participants to enjoy the modding contest without interruptions of advertising that has nothing to do with the mods themselves. So, if the links are simply reference to the components being used, we are ok with them. Please restrain from posting promotional links such as "buy this here" or "check out my other work here".

Hopefully this will clarify the issues. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thank you.

You heard yAu Asgneto, you can put up your sponsor's logo again as you had it. No harm done or any implied as you just mentioned him as a sponsor, and I did not see that you were promoting his product(s) in any manner.

A lesson learned for the next contest (I hope there will another).

Saludos/Cheers

Phase 2 - First Quarter

- production of acrylic parts - 100%

My current motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4L, has a large, but ineffective, aluminum heatsink and the chipset temperatures are very high. As I have here a AQUAGATE S1 useless, I thought

- "Why not use it on the motherboard?"

Well, the Aquagate S1 for those unfamiliar, is a watercooler system for AMD and Intel processors compatible with virtually all models on the market, but without any kind of support for motherboard chipset.

The water pump is built into the waterblock and its efficiency is very good with totally silent operation.

LUNAR126.jpg

The only challenge is making a water block base board for use in the chipset, but nothing that a modder with a piece of acrylic can not solve.

To begin, I looked in my junk box for a piece of acrylic 6mm thick.

I covered the piece with duct tape and then, using the original housing cover as a template, I made the marks of holes and center cut.

LUNAR127.jpg

LUNAR128.jpg

Using my old drill, I made the holes with a 3mm drill bit and the center cut with a hole-saw of 30mm in diameter.

LUNAR129.jpg

LUNAR130.jpg

LUNAR131.jpg

LUNAR132.jpg

Then I cut the piece into a more "beautiful" with a hacksaw.

LUNAR133.jpg

Finally, I gave the finishing the edges with file and sandpaper.

LUNAR134.jpg

LUNAR135.jpg

LUNAR136.jpg

Another unusual (and probably great) Asgneto idea in the making! Now everything will melt except your motherboard northbridge when you overclock, heheh.

Now that I am doing led electricals, that base would look great with a led in its side. The "frosty" finish will diffuse light very well indeed! (just my idea when I saw it). Very well done, looks factory made.

More please!

Cheers/Saludos

Archived