PROJECT LUNAR SERENITY - CM 2009 Modding Contest - Completed

asgneto

Yes they are GIGANTIC, probably would not fit in OVNI, but did they just arrive? If it is the case, good for the sponsorship but good for the extension to use them!

Cheers and Saludos

Yes, it came late because of the strike of the postal service in Brazil. :wink:

And I still have other items that must arrive much later. :cry:

Thanks !

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updating ...

How I got extra time with the extension of the deadline, I decided to give a special touch the top cover ...

Remember the holes in the previous update?

So let's see how the work was that part of the case ...

- Mounting LEDs for finishing the top cover.

I did an assembly with the resistors all together for the LEDs on the top cover.

Like I always do, I used a 470 Ohm resistor for LED, linking each individual one.

The assembly was made with a ribbon cable for floppy and blue LEDs of 3mm.

LUNAR350.jpgLUNAR351.jpgLUNAR353.jpgLUNAR352.jpg

After soldering the wires, resistors and LEDs, I tried to distribute the LEDs through the holes and stake everything with hot glue on the inside of the top cover.

You see, since the case back to the original position, the assembly is totally out of reach of curious eyes ...

LUNAR354.jpg

After setting the LEDs and resistors, I put the case into right position and mounted the top cover and finishing.

Also mounted in front the logo (provisional) with backlight.

LUNAR355.jpgLUNAR356.jpg

A few adjustments in the height and position of the LEDs with a few fingers burned by hot glue (no pictures because I forgot to take them because I'm cursing the hot glue) and ready ... (almost) Final version of the top cover ...

LUNAR357.jpgLUNAR358.jpgLUNAR359.jpgLUNAR360.jpgLUNAR361.jpgLUNAR363.jpgLUNAR364.jpgLUNAR365.jpgLUNAR366.jpg

Detail: top finishing with the white fan turned off and on ..

LUNAR367.jpgLUNAR368.jpg

Overview: Front of case with the white fans turned off ...

Note: I put the fan controller in the first bay, just below the logo, and it came to life with plenty of light from the backlight. It was very beautiful with the blue glow ...

LUNAR369.jpgLUNAR370.jpgLUNAR371.jpg

Detail: base with lighting corrected ... the fugitive LED (identified in the photos of the previous update), fixed on the inside part of the base.

The brightness are much more intense now.

LUNAR372.jpg

To finish the post, they are two options for the logo with backlight ...

1) LUNAR SERENITY

LUNAR374.jpg

2) ASGNETO Casemods

LUNAR373.jpg

Which is the best option ?

Now that I paid more attention on my second pass of the progress on page 10, with all those leds, I think it would be nice if they had some movement (atleast a part of them) and by your question on my thread, I think the electrical diagram of my no so good, but simple kit might help you in future projects. Since you have a good grasp of using bread boards, it should not be so difficult to add a few ICs and capacitors to make fantastic moving lights.

PlanoElectLedsSecuenciales.jpg

Hasta la vista, all is looking good up to now.

Cheers and Saludos

P.D. I will upload a better image later, internet is very bad now.

Now that I paid more attention on my second pass of the progress on page 10, with all those leds, I think it would be nice if they had some movement (atleast a part of them) and by your question on my thread, I think the electrical diagram of my no so good, but simple kit might help you in future projects. Since you have a good grasp of using bread boards, it should not be so difficult to add a few ICs and capacitors to make fantastic moving lights.

Hasta la vista, all is looking good up to now.

Cheers and Saludos

P.D. I will upload a better image later, internet is very bad now.

Nice tip PaPang !

I liked the diagram and I believe that can be useful in my next project. Image saved in "Ideas" folder.

wow beautiful work! congratulations

Thanks Leandro !!!

Archived