[project] i-spider, a stacker mod.

_ferry_

Thanks all :)

beautiful case, only thing that kept bugging me was that the top panel was contrasted with the side panels so you can tell where one begins and one ends. You probably need it there for support but if you can some how stealth it up it would look much cooler.

You mean the steel top of the lower stacker? Yeah, that one is made of steel. Different revision. A bit dissapointing, because the upper one is made of aluminium. But if it would be switched it would have been much worser.

Four months and counting.....

Yeah, I would love to see the finished work!

well, even longer, the first idea came up on the 30th of August But it hase been on hold for some time, and i switched from a single centurion to the dual stacker, great improvement ;)

I'm almost having enough done to give you an update. (the PSU and rear of the case)

I'm going to work as hard i can to get the PC up and running on the end of july. I't cant be completely finished then i'm now on 40% i guess. But if it's working i can participate to the CM casemod contest, and Campzone in the netherlands

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

update

Past day's the weather was perfect, so i've been modding in the sunlight.

full.jpg

The finished ATX cable, i hope i placed them back in the right way :P

full.jpg

Finally i used the meshX panel. I've forgotten to show where it's used for. A suprise for the next time ;)

full.jpg

The carton board replaced by aluminium. Offcourse it will be sprayed black, but i had to drill some holes in it before doing that.

full.jpg

I made this today, it hasn't transparency, it's just reflection of my fingers beyond it.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

It was yust a experiment, so i polished it afterwards, bad idea, you can't polish the corners. Well, i just gonna use it, if it look bad, i will make a new one. I guess this would look much better than seeing the radiator and both PSU's. There will be a black sheet of alu on top of it, to hide the eges of the grill.

This one is 11cm in height, the other one will be 35cm. And it's realy time expansive, it keeps me busy while i'm on holyday ;)

Short update (and almost 200'th photos :) )

It wasn't going like i wanted to do, some parts were damaged, and 2 tools died. But this is the result:

full.jpg

A short test of how i'm gonna finish the grill, offcourse the rear plate and sides will be painted black.

full.jpg

a fit-test.

full.jpg

these plates will be mounted on both sides of the reservoir, the plexiglass will be equipped with some led's to let it glow.

full.jpg

The way it should be, i need to order my second eheim 1048 soon.

full.jpg

full.jpg

the junction between the plexi tube and sides need some finishing up. But i want it to be hardened first. But it seems to be leak proof :)

That's it for now, next update will be about an week, when i'm back from hollyday. Yes, i gonna mod there. When i return, i should have the watercooling and rear side finished. And maybe much more done.

Guest Mindless Moron

very interesting, tho if i were you id avoid having square finger nails.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an large update, 37 pics. I hope you enjoy :)

Thuesday 5juli:

full.jpg

full.jpg

This was my temp. workspace, i took a lot with me, many tools, plexiglass, components, some hardware and the PC offcourse.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

First a small problem to solve, the cables from the casefan couldn't get hide beyond a piece of the frame or something like that. So i decided to make a double wall.

full.jpg

A short try to moount the cable's on this way, a piece of steel wire to get them on the mesh.

full.jpg

full.jpg

The reservoir, quite less space between. So i think i will cut off 5mm from the bottom.

full.jpg

I broke the strip witch is between the 2 cases, the plexi ain't that strong :( (i knew that before, but i forgot :( )

Wensday 6 juli

613,480http://www.tweakers.net/ext/f/62254/full.jpg[/img]

The holes are used for the WC tubes.

full.jpg

Well, if it's broken you should fix it. I've made new strips made of 8mm a.c. ryan's UV plexi. The same as i used for the pieces on the sidepanel.

full.jpg

full.jpg

While the strips were drying, i took care of this. It's made to guide the WC tubes and some brake cable.

full.jpg

Mounted some led's into the plexiglass.

full.jpg

Here will be the WC tubes guided trough

full.jpg

full.jpg

The strip is made of 2 pieces. because the plexi was 50cm, and the case more.

full.jpg

The way to polish small holes ;)

Thursday 7 juli

full.jpg

Sorry, bad hairday :P

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Guiding of the tubes.

full.jpg

full.jpg

It's time to finish off the rear panel

full.jpg

Ready to paint it.

Friday 8 juli

Done nothing :P

Saturday 9 juli

full.jpg

These are the strips for the grill, i only need to polish them and mount them offcourse.

full.jpg

Look, no more visible cable's :)

full.jpg

Connecting it.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

These speak for themselve i hope so :)

full.jpg

Connecting the tubes after the picture was made i switched 2 tubes so the S-bend in the tube is less than on the picture showed

Now i showed also where i used the mesh for, witch i made before... to hide the radiators and FAN's

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I little difficult to explain how the WC is connected, especcially in english, so here's a drawning:

full.jpg

1: Pomp 1 sucks trought the left circuit, i slight underpressure prevents leaking

2: Much heat produced by the CPU

3: A little cooldown by the small radiator

4: See point 1

5: More heating up by the VGA

6: Complete cooldown

Archived