Satella (Hybrid Scrap Satellite) 2009 Mod Entry - Completed

sunnyXtremist

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D

love this kind of modding, free hand, is my favorite style and that your project is very good!

have done well, even very nice !!!!!

A big hug!

Thanks Sir Maciel, you comment is worth an additional challenge to me... A big hug and a bottle of an ice cold beer!!! Cheers!

when I was checking this Forum about the entries for the CM Contest 2009 last July,

I saw PaPang's at first then yours, masbuskado and slipperyskip entries on Unique category, I shy away and without a wink will I always click the Close button.

I did that for almost everyday for the next 1 month because It's the first time I am planning for a modding contest but was all alone (and feeling like a stranger).

I wasn't planning to enter into the unique category (seeing its fullpack world class) but was forced to do so, because i've wasted lots of time looking around and

I already used the funds for monthly bills and support to buy at least a case and other stuff for the other case category.

After PaPang and slipperyskip pushes me into the hot water, here I am seeing lots of friendly world class modders and that changes my point of view. Felt relaxed!

At this moment, I challenge myself to do more even with this destructing Osteoarthritis on both hands. It's worth it when I feel the pain doing the modding manually!!!

I really love this kind of modding, free hand !!! Thanks again SIr Maciel!!!

Sorry sunny for not following your project (out for a week with a pinched nerve-and it had to happen at this time!) but your work on the fans and outlets (look like rocket engine cones) and the stand (can't hang our mods unfortunately) were superb! The array over the fan looks very promising and unusual too.

As a fellow first timer in a contest and web posted worklog, I know what you mean. Maciel has won, with another great mod, contests last year but it is also the first time he participates outside of his country. Slipperyskip is a real veteran though but still a very human person. What else can I say of the others? Thanks to you with your great humor and optimism, we are not only better modders but better contestants and human beings. You also brought a great amount of visitors which made yAu very happy, I'm sure, hehe, and saved the Moderators a lot of work in the comments department (the more, the merrier). Check up on other logs? A very valid way to learn new tricks and tips. Participation? A good way to "wet your feet" like I said and do a project that you would not normally do or do in a very long time period. Of course, it takes us to another of level or more, once you see great projects--you just cannot be outdone (that much) and have to try your best from your bag of tricks.

Of course you knew who you were confronting, I suppose, this is a global contest after all! And a lot of masters didn't participate! But I'm sure that you have met several up and coming masters and all I can say is Kudos for them and the best of luck! Remember, if we are to make a good show, we have to finish!

Cheers and Saludos

Sorry sunny for not following your project (out for a week with a pinched nerve-and it had to happen at this time!) but your work on the fans and outlets (look like rocket engine cones) and the stand (can't hang our mods unfortunately) were superb! The array over the fan looks very promising and unusual too.

As a fellow first timer in a contest and web posted worklog, I know what you mean. Maciel has won, with another great mod, contests last year but it is also the first time he participates outside of his country. Slipperyskip is a real veteran though but still a very human person. What else can I say of the others? Thanks to you with your great humor and optimism, we are not only better modders but better contestants and human beings. You also brought a great amount of visitors which made yAu very happy, I'm sure, hehe, and saved the Moderators a lot of work in the comments department (the more, the merrier). Check up on other logs? A very valid way to learn new tricks and tips. Participation? A good way to "wet your feet" like I said and do a project that you would not normally do or do in a very long time period. Of course, it takes us to another of level or more, once you see great projects--you just cannot be outdone (that much) and have to try your best from your bag of tricks.

Of course you knew who you were confronting, I suppose, this is a global contest after all! And a lot of masters didn't participate! But I'm sure that you have met several up and coming masters and all I can say is Kudos for them and the best of luck! Remember, if we are to make a good show, we have to finish!

Cheers and Saludos

It's alright Sir PaPang, slow down a little bit of the brain twisting thinking (modder like us have that, you always think of what I'll do next and it add stress too) and please-stop for a while SMOKING...

The visitors, well I have a few visits from none modder (even if I ask friends to check my post, they never tried - they don't understand what we are doing. Ask them to add in Facebook or Multiply is a Yes Yes to them). I think it's Cham_E's group of modders UMP that frequently visits us from time to time. Actually, I really want to check others log frequently but my Internet is so slow that I have to wait ample time to see all worklog photos (even on my worklog). Damn they even call it DSL?! I've learned new tricks and tips coming from you and the rest of the guys and I hope I did share in return.

Remember, if we are to make a good show, we have to finish!
Yes Sir, I will... and so are you!!!

Amazing modding performance ! I really like the way you think, and the materials you use to mod. Big kuddoos to you !

Thanks Sir FrenkieNL, I am just following your path!!!

Updating (screwed and epoxy fitting for final top Painting and Lighting). added update on page 2

2577683660053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

2378860990053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

2230576620053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

we are looking for a pilot (satellite doesn't need a pilot).

2652199000053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

Sunrise, the local dog will be the pilot!

i want to be the pilot please...

You can be, but you have to undergo very intensive MMA training from master obiwan kanobi and darth vader at the same time!!! why?! Because a lot of PaPang Ovni flying around your path, you are destine to pass by the Lunar Serenity once to regenerate... keep in mind that Morphius is also lurking around so might as well bring your handy fridge with you full of Manas drink for some magic!!! Our main purpose here is to take secretly the very expensive pieces of 2009 CM Contest modded equipments the Cooler Master Forum is keeping as well as their modders fresh brainiatic secrets (we'll share it 50-50). Do not come back if you fail to take very importantly the Project: Mission with you. May the force be with you!!! This message will self destruct in 10 milliseconds. Tadahhh kaboom.

Update: for the solarwhat mod on page 3

2445709940053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

making sure this metal will mend even with metal epoxy.

2534836950053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

it will be a puzzle to make this mod light, this is the back position and locating the LED placement.

2237440520053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

the logo...

Archived